For more than two months already, the government forces have been trying to get rid of the crisis that has been plaguing the City of Marawi. Caught in the crossfire are thousands of Filipino families. In line with this, One Music PH took the initiative to bring together some of the country’s best music artists for a show that aims to spread the message of love and peace through music. Entitled “One Music Live: Awit Para Sa Marawi,” this special music event took place last August 6 inside the ABS-CBN compound to remind everyone about one thing: we can overcome any adversity as one.
From beginning to end, Awit Para Sa Marawi which was made possible by I love my Sisters, Coconut House, Hungry District, and Lyric, embodied the spirit of unity in spite of having a collection of various stars and their respective fans. Performances by some of the top and rising Filipino music talents such as Xian Lim, Jake Zyrus, Ylona Garcia, Maris Racal, Kaye Cal, JRoa, Agsunta, Jensen and the Flips, Volts Vallejo, BoybandPH, among others, truly brought everyone together.
In between the performances, a special collaboration featuring some of the finest voices was launched as a tribute song to victims of the Marawi crisis. For sure, many Filipinos would look forward to hearing it soon once more. As for the rest of the performances, the show’s setlist couldn’t have been more jam packed. In case you missed the show, you can check out the setlist below:
1. “Where is The Love” by Genesis
2. “Posible” by Iskala
3. “Langit” and “KSP” by Android 18
4. “Fight Song” by Lyca Gairanod, Joshua Oliveros and Elha Nympha
5. “Kahit Kailan” by Jason Dy
6. “Never Stop” by Over October
7. “Pagsubok” by Volts Vallejo
8. “Dive” by Sam Mangubat
9. “Saludo” and “Sige Lang” by JRoa and Quest
10. “Wag na Wag Mong Sasabihin” and “Liwanag” by Agsunta
11. “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” and “Each Day” by Ylona Garcia feat. Volts Vallejo
12. “Keep Holding On” by Alexa Ilacad
13. “Why Can’t It Be” by Kaye Cal
14. “Pride” and “Balewala” by Brisom
15. “Does She Know” and “Down For You” by Kiana Valenciano
16. “No Limitations” by Sam Concepcion
17. “Kulay” by Young JV
18. “Umaapaw” and “Siberia” by Ang Bandang Shirley
19. “Fast Car” by Maris Racal feat. Volts Vallejo
20. “Love Child” and “Slow” by Jensen and the Flips
21. “Hiling” and “Tears in Heaven” by Jake Zyrus
22. OPM Medley and “Man in the Mirror” by Xian Lim
23. “With A Smile” by BoybandPH
Were you able to catch Awit Para Sa Marawi? What was your favorite song from the setlist? Comment below!
It may seem that Karlos is out of place in One Music PH because he’s someone who can’t live without sports. Until of course, he realized that he is equally passionate with music as well. He may not admit it just yet, but Karlos loves Davie Bowie very much. Oh, and he runs a barbershop too.