We've just wrapped up another special event as the Queen Mother, Karla Estrada, celebrated her 44th birthday in the presence of friends, family, and her loyal fans during the One Music PH digital concert "Karla: The Music Within" at the ABS-CBN studio.
Karla made a grand entrance by opening the event with Tina Turner classic "Simply the Best," setting the tone for a fun night ahead. She then performed a number of medleys throughout the night, paying tribute to numerous rock icons such as Guns N' Roses, Survivor, Journey, and Air Supply; another commemorating the memory her idol and good friend, the late Rico J. Puno; and lastly, a passionate salute to all the unseen heroes that have served the country.
More amazing performances followed with the help of her sons Daniel and JC Padilla, her close friends Tutti Caringal and Nyoy Volante, as well as a lucky audience member, making this event extra special!
If you missed the livestream of the digital concert, here's a list of all the songs Karla performed on her special day:
- "Missing You" by Tina Turner
- "Patience" by Guns N' Roses
- "One" by U2
- "Tao" by Sampaguita / "Usok" by Asin (OPM Medley)
- "Lupa" / "Kapalaran" / "May Bukas Pa" by Rico J Puno
- "Black" by Pearl Jam
- "Fire" by Babyface
- "Di Na Muli" by Itchyworms
- "Ever Since the World Began" by Survivor / "All Out of Love" by Air Supply / "Faithfully" by Journey
- "Don't Let Me Down" by The Beatles
- "Kahit Maputi Na Ang Buhok Ko" by Rey Valera
- "I Don't Want to Talk About It" by Rod Stewart
- "Bayan Ko"
- "An Iroy Nga Tuna"
- "Purple Rain" by Prince
- "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes
You can listen to the full set on the One Music PH YouTube channel by clicking here.
Were you able to watch Karla Estrada's birthday concert? What was your favorite moment? Comment below!
A Filipina born and raised in Saudi Arabia, Alyssa always has a story to tell. She is a writer by day, singer on occasion, ballerina by heart, and forever a musical theatre enthusiast. When she's not immersing herself in her Spotify playlists, you'll find her training to be a triathlete or being a full-time cool tita to her 7 nephews and nieces.